Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 28, 2011

First Appointment

My first appointment with this new little one is August 23rd.  I remember when I had to wait a few weeks for my first appointment with Eli and I was so impatient and excited, but I'm about the exact opposite with this one. 

Yes, I am excited.  I am also nervous and apprehensive, and I have many horrible baby related anxieties that I am on treatment for at the moment.  I don't like to be on medication while pregnant but I can honestly say it is helping, and my doc (whom I trust very much) was candid with me about the possible side effects on the fetus.  And while I would prefer no side effect I guess I just have to weight risk vs. benefit (as with many things you encounter in life.)

So I sort of went off on a tangent there, I'm sleepy today and my mind feels like mush.  The good thing about not being so impatient this time is that it makes the waiting easier.  That's pretty much all pregnancy is, hurry up and wait for the next appointment, wait for the first kicks, the hiccups, then untimately the birth.  I was beside myself with Eli and I just couldn't wait to have my baby here with me!  I suppose that is what trying for a year and then finally getting pregnant after you had started to give up hope will do to a girl.  This little beluga was quite the surprise and because it is my second and I sort of know what to expect I find myself being able to relax more about it.  Ultimately that is what I would like.  A calm, relaxing pregnancy and birth. 

The birth will be easy (unfortunately) as I won't be allowed to labor (makes me very sad) and will have a scheduled c-section.  Epidural and all, no screaming or trying to push, laboring to bring my baby into the world.  Instead my baby will be surgically removed and I will have to try to figure out how to chase an almost two year old while taking care of an infant and recovering from abdominal surgery.  Deep breath in, hold, deep breath out.

I'm going to start my yoga again, I think it will really help.  I miss my Friday morning yoga, it really did just make me feel great for the rest of the day.  When we moved into our new house I lost my yoga and pilates dvd's and have not been able to find them, it has been driving me up the wall.  Then my husband went to use an old dvd player and my yoga dvd was in there!  It'll be good to stretch all my ligaments and muscles before the baby does it for me, I got such horrible ligament pain with Eli and I'd love to avoid as much of that as possible this time around.

So a question for my non readers - What did you do to prepare for your new baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment